Research and Graduate School Staff Appreciation Program
Each year (March 1, 2011), the Vice President for Research and Dean of the Graduate School hosts the Annual Research and Graduate School Staff Appreciation Program. The goal of this Program is to identify and reward the dedication, exemplary performance, and innovation of our staff and technical service personnel within these two administrative units. We have many excellent employees, and the Vice President/Dean is always anxious to recognize their efforts. The Program includes awards for the following achievements:
- Years of Service (within the work unit)—10, 20, 30, and 40 years
- Annual Outstanding Staff Leadership Award
- Annual Outstanding Staff Support Award
- Annual Staff Diversity Award
- Annual Staff Innovation Award
Guidelines and nomination forms are linked below for the latter four awards. As indicated on these forms, employees may be nominated by supervisors, faculty, staff, technical service employees, or students. We suggest that you do not notify candidates of their nomination. It may be uncomfortable for candidates who are not selected. To maintain confidentiality, please ask support letter authors to be discrete. If you need specific information on a candidate, you may choose to contact our Human Resources representative for assistance. Note that:
- Nominations from last year will automatically be considered the following year—if you were a nominator in the past, you may be contacted for additional information—we strongly encourage you to submit updated materials
- Anyone who needs assistance preparing a nomination may contact the Assistant to the Vice President for guidance
Nominations received by the January 21, 2011 deadline will be reviewed by the Staff Appreciation Steering Committee. The Steering Committee's recommendations will be forwarded to the Vice President/Dean for the final decision.
If you have any questions regarding the Program, please contact Samantha Weaver at 865-8172.