Bloodborne Pathogen Training
The Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC) is responsible for ensuring that all Pennsylvania State University laboratory personnel (excluding Hershey Medical Center and the College of Medicine) who handle human blood and blood products, human body fluids and/or human tissues, in addition to the principal investigators and advisors listed on protocols that use these materials, are aware of the potential hazards involved in handling these materials and use the proper precautions to protect themselves from bloodborne diseases. Penn State Policy SY24 defines human blood and blood products, human body fluids, and human tissues as biohazardous materials.
Instructions for Online Bloodborne Pathogen Training:
- Click the link below and login.
- Click on the Biological Safety link in the left-hand column.
- Click on Bloodborne Pathogen (Initial).
- Following the instructions that appear to review the online training material.
- After reviewing the material, click on Complete under the 'Classes' heading and provide the requested information.
Should you have any questions, please contact Curt Speaker of Environmental Health and Safety at (814) 865-6391 or email@example.com.