To assess (a) the feasibility of completing simulated office work activities in a lab-based setting while pedaling a desk-compatible cycling device at different physical activity intensity levels; and (b) influence of demographic factors and body mass index (BMI) on work performance.
We are seeking 96 participants between the ages of 20-65 to help us evaluate how to improve people’s health while they are sitting, and engaging in sedentary activities such as working on a computer.
Participant Inclusion Criteria
- Exercise less than 90 minutes per week
- Spend at least 6 hours sitting on an average day
- Native English speaker
- Comfortable typing without looking at the keyboard
- Medical condition that may prevent safe physical activity (e.g., heart condition)
- Body mass index lower than 18 or higher than 35