ORAU Events Grants provide up to $4,000 in support of events which involve participants from more than one ORAU institution.
Such events may include visits to an ORAU institution by a renowned speaker, conferences or workshops with a focused theme, or a technology transfer/business plan competition. Criteria for consideration include:
- Event participation by more than one ORAU institution (however, one ORAU member will submit the proposal and handle the funds).
- Potential impact of the event, including the number of institutions or participants.
- Student participation is considered a positive factor.
- New events have preference over events that are on-going annual events with an established financial model.
- Preference will be given to events in STEM disciplines.
- A representative from ORAU must be invited to the event and will attend, if possible.
Two Calls for Proposals will be issued each year.
Applications are considered on an ORAU Fiscal Year basis (October 1 - September 30), with two award cycles.
- Applications are being accepted for events occurring between October 1 and March 31 and must be received by September 1.
- Applications for events occurring between April 1 and September 30 must be received by March 1 and a competition will be at a later date.
How to Apply
Please see the application form (.docx).
Internet Explorer users: To download the Microsoft Word templates listed below, right-click on the link and choose "Save Target As..." to save a copy to your computer.
- At his/her discretion, each Councilor will distribute the forms to appropriate staff and faculty. The councilor is responsible for submitting the applications by the deadline.
- The Councilor will receive, internally vet and submit applications, along with their endorsement, to University.Partnerships@orau.org.
Funding and Restrictions
- Funding is provided exclusively from non-federal monies by ORAU.
- ORAU does not allow overhead charges or indirect costs on the award.
- All events must be completed by September 30 (the end of ORAU’s fiscal year.)
For eligibility information, funding restrictions and directions to apply, please visit the Events Sponsorship Program page on the ORAU website: http://www.orau.org/university-partnerships/members-only/events-sponsorship/default.asp