2018 Focus: Contributions to the development and advancement of techniques and approaches for the study of the human microbiome, microbiome-host interactions and interaction between individual microbiome components.
The purpose of the Agilent Early Career Professor Award is to:
- Promote and encourage excellent research enabling measurements of importance to Agilent Technologies and the world
- Establish strong collaborative relationships between Agilent researchers and leading professors early in their career
- Build the prominence of Agilent as a sponsor of university research
- Significant original research contributions enabling measurements of importance to Agilent Technologies and the world
- Outstanding potential for future research
- Alignment with the 2018 Focus: Contributions to the development and advancement of techniques and approaches for the study of the human microbiome, microbiome-host interactions and interaction between individual microbiome components"
- Professor who has completed their Ph.D. (residency in case of M.D.'s or M.D.- Ph.D.'s) not earlier than January 2008 (see the FAQs https://www.agilent.com/univ_relation/faq.shtml)
An unrestricted award of a total of $100,000 in support of the professor's research paid to the university in two annual installments.
- Option to use all or part of award to obtain Agilent products at 50% discount
- Option to accelerate payments to facilitate procurement of equipment with list price over $100,000
Internal Nomination Process:
Interested applicants should send the following documents in sequence in one PDF no later than 4:00 p.m. on the internal submission deadline:
Required for the application:
1. CV, which should include:
- Education and academic background
- Research and related experience
- Publications, presentations and patents
- Technical and profession recognition, awards, honors, and affiliations
2. Summary of expertise, should include contribution to measurement technology and future research directions (up to 1000 words).
3. Nomination letter. Self-nominations are encouraged. Up to 500 words.
Formatting Guidelines and Page Limit:
- Font/size: Times New Roman (12 pt.)
- Document margins: 1.0” (top, bottom, left and right)
- Standard paper size (8 ½” x 11)
Questions concerning the limited submissions process may be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.