Office of Research Information Systems
- We provide direct support to over 180 staff members in the Office of the Vice President for Research in five building across the University Park campus. We maintain security and network infrastructure at all locations.
- In association with our customers, we design, develop and/or maintain web-based software systems. The three systems with the broadest use are:
- The Strategic Information Management System Reports (SIMS reports ) is used by research executives and administrators at all Penn State locations. SIMS is used to track, manage, and report on proposals and awards.
- The Strategic Information Management System Budgets (SIMS budgets is used to develop budgets for research grants and contracts and for electronic submission of proposals to the federal government (grants.gov).
- The Protocol Review and Approval Management System (PRAMS) is used by faculty members who submit protocols on-line and research protection staff at both University Park and the College of Medicine.