Phone: 814-865-1775 • Fax: 814-863-8699 • ORProtections@psu.edu
The Education Program offers training, programs, and workshops on Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) topics.
Our Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) educational initiative strives to foster a university culture of research integrity focused on ensuring that all researchers at Penn State share the ideal to conduct research responsibly. Educational programs include:
- SARI (Scholarship and Research Integrity) Program
- Online Training
- Teaching Tools
- ACES - ACOR Certification and Education Series
- Survival Skills and Ethics workshops
- Scholarship and Research Integrity Brownbag sessions
- RCR Workshop series
- Resources for teaching RCR
Objectives of the Education Program
- Increase knowledge and understanding of federal regulations and university policies and guidelines pertaining to research.
- Promote understanding and judgment in applying the regulations, policies, and guidelines across a wide range of situations.
- Create a climate where ethical issues are openly discussed among colleagues and with students.
- Encourage best practices in the conduct of research and scientific investigations.
- Foster the ability to recognize an ethical choice and make a principled decision.
- Provide accessible educational opportunities and resources designed to support the mission of the RCR program.