Guidelines, Templates and Sample Consent Forms
Expedited & Full Review Studies
- For Studies Utilizing the Social, Life & Engineering Sciences Imaging Center (SLEIC) MRI
HIPAA Consent Information
- HIPAA Consent Form Wording (RTF)
- Authorization to Use & Disclose Protected Health Information for Research Purposes (RTF) | (DOC)
FERPA Consent Information
- The Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) (20 U.S.C. § 1232g; 34 CFR Part 99) is a Federal law that protects the privacy of student education records.
- For more information about FERPA, please visit the U.S. Department of Education website located at: www.ed.gov
- For information about how FERPA applies for studies conducted with Penn State students, please visit the Penn State’s registrar website at: www.registrar.psu.edu/
- Please read the following information provided by the Office of the University Registrar regarding the responsibilities of investigators using student educational records in their research: FERPA Guidelines for Researchers
- For information about how FERPA applies to students at another institution where the research will be conducted, please contact that institution.
Certifying Translation of Documents
- Certificate of Translation Form (RTF)