Intellectual Property Agreement Forms
The University Intellectual Property Agreement (IPA) is required to be completed and signed by individuals first appointed or transferred to the following classification categories:
- a). Executive, administrator, academic administrator, and academic throughout the University; b) faculty, staff exempt, staff nonexempt, and technical service in academic or academic service units throughout the University.
- For any existing employee in the above classification categories who has not signed an IPA Form.
- Graduate assistants and fellows/trainees at the time of their first appointment.
- Undergraduate/graduate students, postdoctoral trainees/research associates, wage payroll employees, visiting scholars/scientists, emeritus/retired faculty and others who may be in a position to make, conceive or reduce to practice inventions or otherwise develop technology.
In the specified classification categories, signing this form is a condition of employment. See University Policies IP01, "Ownership and Management of Intellectual Property," and RA12, "Technology Transfer and Entrepreneurial Activity (Faculty Research)," for further information.
- Intellectual Property Agreement Form
- Student IP Agreement Form (Form 1) - for use when assigning IP to Penn State
- Student IP Agreement Form (Form 2) - for use when assigning IP to a company sponsor
Research Sponsorship Acknowledgment (Form 3)
- Petition For Assignment of Patent Rights to Inventor