Policies and Guidelines
Policies and guidelines regarding intellectual property at Penn State.
- Penn State's New Approach to the Management of Intellectual Property: Four Simple Rules of Engagement with Industry Partners
- In December 2011 Penn State introduced a new approach to the management of intellectual property (“IP”) in industry-sponsored research agreements marking a significant change to the University’s stance on IP ownership and how it licenses technology.
- Acceptance of Donated IP
- Guidelines for the acceptance of donated intellectual property by Penn State
- Management of IP
- The primary objective of the IP management process is to transfer technologies from the University to companies with the interest, ability and resources to commercialize them such that the public can benefit from Penn State inventions.
- Faculty Consulting Agreements
- Policies and procedures relating to faculty consulting activities.
- Student IP - Faculty Guidance
- Ownership of the intellectual property (IP) rights of what is created, invented or discovered by students
- Student IP
- Rights and responsibilities regarding intellectual property created by a student at Penn State.
- GURU Policies
- Penn State policies related to intellectual property.