Guide to Intellectual Property Management and Technology Transfer at Penn State
- All Penn State employees engaged in research are required to sign the Penn State Intellectual Property Agreement on their first day of employment.
- The Office of Technology Management (OTM) manages IP and technology transfer for all campuses of Penn State. How do I contact the Office of Technology Management (OTM)?
- When and how to submit an invention disclosure.
- 40% of licensing revenue is shared with Penn State inventors.
- If Penn State declines to protect my invention can I have it returned to me?
- Undergraduate students normally own any IP that they create, unless there is a written agreement otherwise. See RAG 12-Faculty Guidance on Student IP Rights and RAG 13-Special Student Intellectual Property Agreement Forms.
- Signatory reference for faculty.
- Signatory reference for industry.
- Contact the Office of Technology Management (OTM) regarding Confidential Disclosure Agreements and Materials Transfer Agreements.
- Contact the Office of Technology Management (OTM) if you want to form a company or engage in entrepreneurial activity? www.research.psu.edu/patents
- Consulting do’s and don’ts.
- Last Approved: Aug 10, 2011
- Last Revised: Aug 10, 2011