IACUC Basic Training
All individuals, including faculty, staff, technicians, students, volunteers and visitors working with animals in activities at or under the auspices of Penn State must complete the IACUC Basic Training.
PLEASE NOTE: In order to guarantee that you receive credit for completion of the training, we strongly recommend that you print the confirmation screen prior to submission. After completing the IACUC Training, you'll come to a "Congratulations!" screen that states, "you have successfully passed the individual IACUC training module quizzes!" Please type your contact information as requested at this screen, and print this screen before clicking on "submit." If you then do not receive a confirmation email within two (2) business days, please contact the ORP Webmaster at email@example.com. You may need to provide the confirmation print-out to receive credit for the training or, if the print-out is not available, you may need to retake the training quiz.
- The IACUC Basic Training consists of six modules.
- The first three
modules are required for everyone taking the training.
then choose which one of the remaining three modules to take based on
- After passing the four modules, investigators will be taken to a separate screen to confirm training.
- You may stop and restart the training at any time.
- The training
will automatically take you to the beginning of the module you next need
to pass if you use the same computer each time you access it.
- You may also jump back to previously passed modules at any time by going to the "Table of Contents" in the current module and clicking a "Jump to ..." button at the top of the screen.
- Upon completion of the training, you will be sent a confirmation e-mail. The ORP no longer sends a separate certificate.