Training on the Protection of Human Research Participants (IRB Required)
The Pennsylvania State University requires initial and continuing (every 3 years) education in the protection of human research participants for individuals involved in the conduct or oversight of human participant research. The training is offered through CITI (Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative).
For more information, please see IRB Policy II, Verification of Training on the Protection of Human Participants.
- Please see the Instructions for Completing the CITI Training.
Social Science vs. Biomedical Research
- Select the course that best fits the type of research you are conducting
- Based on your selection, you will be required to complete multiple pre-selected modules
- In addition the pre-selected modules, you will be required to complete one (1) elective course
For more information, please see the list of Social Science and Biomedical modules.
Studies Funded by Department of Navy (DON)
- Additional training requirements apply to any human participant research study that receives funding from the DON. See the Instructions on How to Access the DON Training Requirements.