Online Courses through CITI
The SARI@PSU program at Penn State utilizes online courses offered through the Collaborative Institutional Training Initiative at the University of Miami (CITI) program.
Participants should take the appropriate CITI course:
- Graduate students: The CITI course you should take is specified in your program's SARI plan. For some SARI programs, the CITI course in Human Subject Research has been designated. Students should check with their graduate program director for information on which CITI course to take.
- Faculty: A variety of CITI courses are available, and all meet the SARI@PSU program requirements. Faculty may choose from RCR courses, IRB courses, and shorter refresher courses (if you have had previous training). Please note that RCR courses do NOT meet the IRB requirements for human participants research.
- Undergraduate researchers, postdoctoral fellows, and other research personnel: Consult with your mentor/advisor or program director to determine the appropriate CITI course.
Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR) courses (full-length and refresher length) include:
- Biomedical Science
- Social and Behavioral Sciences
- Physical Sciences and Engineering
- Register for Penn State's CITI courses at www.citiprogram.org.
- Select "Pennsylvania State University" as the participating institution, and complete the rest of the enrollment information.
- Answer a series of questions to help you select the appropriate CITI course.
- Once you have registered, you may enter and leave the course at any time, completing modules as time permits.
- Participants who have successfully completed a CITI course (with a grade of 80% or higher) will receive a certificate at the end of the course.