Tasters needed for testing of consumer grade food products
Research Study Details
Testing of Consumer Grade Food Products
Those who are interested in participating in food product testing but have not signed up previously should contact the Sensory Evaluation Center in the Department of Food Science at Penn State. Participants 18 years of age or older are selected from our contact list and invited to attend various tasting sessions on a regular basis. To be added to our contact list, please send an e-mail to David De Pasquale at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once on the list, you will receive announcements from time to time regarding ongoing and upcoming taste tests. Testing occurs throughout the week, typically between the hours of 11 a.m. and 3 p.m. Participants receive $5 for their time spent evaluating food products, usually about 5 to 10 minutes.
Title of Project: Testing of Consumer Grade Food Products
Dr. John Hayes Dr. David De Pasquale
Food Science Building Food Science Building
University Park, PA 16802 University Park, PA 16802
Email: email@example.com Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 814-863-7129 Phone: 814-863-4698
1. Purpose of the Study: To evaluate food products (eg, chocolate, milk, chicken, soft drinks, etc) or approved food ingredients.
2. Procedures to be followed: You will be asked to taste food product(s) and evaluate them. A computer will guide you through the evaluation task.
3. Allergens will be labeled when present. No additional risks are anticipated as a result of your participation beyond those experienced in everyday life, as might occur eating at home or in a restaurant.
4. Benefits: You may enjoy participating. With your help, the information gained may help in improving these products.
5. Duration/Time: Consumer test sessions will take 5-10 minutes. Trained panel sessions may take up to 1 hour.
6. Statement of Confidentiality: Your participation in this research is confidential. The computer does not collect any information that identifies who the responses belong to. In the event of any publication or presentation resulting from the research, no personal information will be shared because your name is not linked to your responses.
7. Payment for participation: You will be paid $10/hr, with $5 a minimum for your participation.
8. Voluntary Participation: Your decision to be in this research is voluntary. You can stop at any time. You do not have to answer any questions you do not want
to answer. Refusal to take part in or withdrawing from this study will involve no penalty or loss of benefits you would receive otherwise.
You must be 18 years of age or older to take part in this research study. You will be provided with a copy of this form upon request.
Study Dates, Times and Location
Study Available by Appointment?: No
Location: Food Science Bldg. Rm 244
Approximate Participant Study Length: 1 Year
Study is ongoing throughout the year and may be renewed as appropriate.
Test sessions occur weekly, typically between the hours of 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., in 5 - 10 minute intervals.
Participants are invited by testing session based on availability and are not required to attend every session.
Compensation: You will be paid $10/hr, with $5 a minimum for your participation
David De Pasquale
814 863 4698
This study has been approved by a Penn State Institutional Review Board (IRB). IRB Approval Number 33164