Personal tools
Share this page: |
Document Actions

Welcome to the Animal Resource Program

The Animal Resource Program (ARP) provides Penn State with high quality animal care services and facilities to improve animal research and ensure the health, well-being and humane treatment of animals used in research and teaching at the University.

Follow this link for information on the ARP Mouse Biomethodology Seminar.


In addition to housing facilities and animal husbandry services for animals used in biomedical research, ARP provides veterinary clinical and diagnostic services, education and training of research personnel and collaborative expertise in laboratory animal, agricultural and wildlife technology and medicine. ARP veterinarians and technicians are available to provide investigators with research and procedural support in anesthesia, surgery, pathology, and other veterinary methodologies.The ARP is also responsible for University-wide veterinary oversight and animal care program support at outlying campuses that use animals and provides veterinary oversight of agricultural animal facilities and wildlife used in research and teaching at Penn State.

All laboratory animal facilities on the University Park campus are managed by the ARP. In addition, ARP personnel coordinate animal purchasing and shipping, provide routine and emergency veterinary care, veterinary review of experimental protocols and health surveillance and disease prevention services. Penn State animal facilities associated with the University Park campus are accredited with the Association for the Assessment and Accreditation of Laboratory Animal Care, International (AAALAC ).

This website does not contain information pertaining to the husbandry and management of livestock or wildlife species housed in facilities maintained by the College of Agriculture. Please refer to the Guide for the Care and Use of Agricultural Animals Used in Agricultural Research and Teaching (Federation of Animal Science Societies, 2010) or resources related to the Penn State College of Agriculture for information on animal species used in agricultural research.

Contact Us

101 Centralized Biological Laboratory
8:00 am to 5:00 pm Monday through Friday

Phone: (814) 865-1495

FAX: (814) 865-3685