Office of Technology Management
Phone: 814-865-6277 • firstname.lastname@example.org
The Industrial Research Office (IRO) and the Intellectual Property Office (IPO) have merged to form a new Office of Technology Management (OTM). This is the first step in realizing an aggressive new vision at Penn State for technology development and translation to the market. OTM will focus on fostering an ecosystem for technology innovation and translation; it will be responsible not just for the successful marketing of Penn State intellectual property and much more vigorous licensing to corporations and to start-up companies, but also for assisting faculty interested in doing more market relevant research.
Information for Penn State and IndustryInformation for Industry
About the Office of Technology Management
Our mission is to protect Penn State intellectual property, identify its commercial potential, and stimulate economic development through the transfer of Penn State technologies to the marketplace.
Our goal is to commercialize new products and services through the transfer of Penn State technologies to existing and start-up companies.
Services for Penn State:
- Market Penn State intellectual property to companies interested in new product development.
- Provide training and counseling on confidentiality, University patent and copyright policies, and procedures.
- Provide invention disclosure forms for faculty, graduate students and staff to initiate our invention screening process.
- Assess the value of patent protection and, if appropriate, file patent applications at no cost to the inventor.
- Prepare and negotiate confidentiality agreements, material transfer options, and licensing agreements with interested companies.
Services for Industry:
- Listen to your needs and discover Penn State licensable technologies that your company can utilize.
- Screen inventions and discoveries made in University facilities for patentability, commercial potential, and general marketability.
- Review and update lists of licensable technologies and patents issued, and post on our Web site each quarter.
- Negotiate licensing arrangements.