Welcome to the research enterprise at Penn State! In browsing these pages you will encounter some of the most creative and technically... more
Office of the Vice President for Research
The Office of the Vice President for Research is responsible for facilitating the $836-million-per-year research enterprise at Penn State by working with a broad range of units across the University.
From the Office of the Vice President
Tech Transfer at Penn State
Tech transfer from research at Penn State generated $22.5 million in fiscal 2015. This is partly thanks to the university's reworked approach to intellectual property, which makes it easier than ever for researchers to work with outside companies to fast-track innovations:
- Penn State will not seek to retain ownership of IP.
- Penn State will assign IP to sponsor upon request.
- Penn State has the right to publish research results.
- Penn State has the right to practice IP for research and educational purposes.
- If Penn State research results lead to exceptional commercial success, sponsor agrees to share proportionally with Penn State.
- Exceptions considered on a case-by-case basis.
Upcoming Campus Events
(Qualifies for SARI Credit) Event Bright Registration: https://cats-irb-overview-su17.eventbrite.com Pre-registration...
Kim Petrosky – Research Integrity Analyst, The Office for Research Protections No pre-registration is necessary, but come early as...
(Qualifies for SARI Credit) Event Bright Registration: https://cats-irb-remote-fa2017.eventbrite.com...
Jeremy DeRicco – ABI Program Director, The Office for Research Protections No pre-registration is necessary, but come early as...
(Qualifies for SARI Credit) Event Bright Registration: https://cats-irb-fa2017.eventbrite.com Pre-registration is required....
Rick Gilmore – Associate Professor of Psychology No pre-registration is necessary, but come early as seminars fill up quickly....