Welcome to the research enterprise at Penn State! In browsing these pages you will encounter some of the most creative and technically... more
Office of the Vice President for Research
The Office of the Vice President for Research is responsible for facilitating the $805-million-per-year research enterprise at Penn State by working with a broad range of units across the University.
From the Office of the Vice President
Tech Transfer at Penn State
Tech transfer from research at Penn State generated $22.5 million in fiscal 2015. This is partly thanks to the university's reworked approach to intellectual property, which makes it easier than ever for researchers to work with outside companies to fast-track innovations:
- Penn State will not seek to retain ownership of IP.
- Penn State will assign IP to sponsor upon request.
- Penn State has the right to publish research results.
- Penn State has the right to practice IP for research and educational purposes.
- If Penn State research results lead to exceptional commercial success, sponsor agrees to share proportionally with Penn State.
- Exceptions considered on a case-by-case basis.
Volunteer for a Research Study
Volunteer your time or earn some extra money by taking part in one of Penn State's ongoing research studies. Click here to learn more about participating in a study, or view the FAQ here.
We are seeking undergraduates over the age of 18 in Education, Psychology, and RHS to complete this brief survey. This...
Do you have or suspect that you have high blood pressure? If so, we need your help!
Purpose of the study: To...
Researchers are seeking college-aged, heterosexual...
Have you ever experienced physical violence in a romantic relationship? You may be eligible for a research study evaluating cognitive...
This online survey includes questions about your experiences before the age of 18, as well as questions about your thoughts and...