(Qualifies for SARI Credit Only if Conducting or Planning to Conduct Human Subject Research) Eventbrite Registration: https...
Office of the Vice President for Research
The Office of the Vice President for Research is responsible for facilitating the $863-million-per-year research enterprise at Penn State by working with a broad range of units across the University.
Participate in a research study!
Penn State research studies seeking participants are now searchable at studyfinder.psu.edu. Studies can include nutritional studies, surveys, clinical trials, interviews and more. While some studies seek participants on a purely volunteer basis, many offer compensation. Find a study now
Tech Transfer at Penn State
Tech transfer from research at Penn State generated $22.5 million in fiscal 2015. This is partly thanks to the university's reworked approach to intellectual property, which makes it easier than ever for researchers to work with outside companies to fast-track innovations:
- Penn State will not seek to retain ownership of IP.
- Penn State will assign IP to sponsor upon request.
- Penn State has the right to publish research results.
- Penn State has the right to practice IP for research and educational purposes.
- If Penn State research results lead to exceptional commercial success, sponsor agrees to share proportionally with Penn State.
- Exceptions considered on a case-by-case basis.
Upcoming Campus Events
In January of 2017, the Department of Health and Human Services published revisions to regulatory requirements for human research, often...